Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Let's see what else could happen this year!

Last night my dad called and asked me if Mark was gonna get laid off from work. I was like, "What do you mean? What are you talking about?" He said, "They are laying off again--1500 people." I said, "Where did you hear this?" He said, "In the newspaper." Then I said a few choice words and went to find Mark. I asked him if he knew about another lay off. He had known since Saturday!!!! He didn't want to tell me then because it wasn't "confirmed". HELLO!! I had to find out you were laid off from my dad! Anyway, since the anger has subsided I'm not too worried. For one, he will be in the first 500 that get called back to work when orders pick back up. And they WILL pick back up. Secondly, he does have a CDL drivers license and he COULD go drive a truck if he had to. I would absolutely HATE it, but you do what you have to do. He can help his dad for extra money. He's got a friend who is trying to get his plumber's license who said he could work with him too. And, he's been checking in to a school in SC that certifies you to operate heavy equipment--they say they place you in a job after you finish the course. So there ARE options. The only thing that worries me is if they are laid off for more than 6 months--that's when the unemployment checks would run out. Mark doesn't think they will be out that long. I certainly hope he's right. Things could certainly be worse!

On a brighter note, took Pierson for a weight check again--he's up to 7 lbs 8.5 oz! He gained 10.5 oz in 9 days! I had my 6 week check up today (yes, it's been 6 weeks!) and they had my placenta examined further--turns out, it showed signs of infection and what they called "infarctions" which were places where the blood flow was not what it should have been. Doc said it probably started when I was having the preterm labor. But that would explain why Pierson was so small. Of course now it doesn't really matter, but if he was still not growing appropriately, that would be something to tell the family doc about.

We have decided that Pierson is our last child. I didn't know how I might feel about that decision (there was a possibility that we might have one more) but I am at peace with it. This is silly, but I'm looking forward to being able to sell/give away all this "stuff" so I don't have to store it anymore! I'm really on a decluttering kick right now! It does make me a little sad to think I'll never be pregnant again (unless the Lord wants me to be!) because I really do enjoy being pregnant--it's just such a miracle! And it makes me sad that I'll not have another newborn baby of my own to cuddle. But it doesn't make me THAT sad! LOL! I guess I'll have to wait for grandchildren. LOL!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Lovin the new pic of you and the baby!

Slide