Saturday, May 19, 2007

I a horrible mother!!!

I sure am feeling that way today. The boys have been horrible this week--even Harrison--the one who is always good! It's been exasperating and I wonder how much of their acting up, fighting, whining is a delayed jealousy reaction to the baby. Usually Harrison stops what ever it is he is doing that isn't right when I count to 3--he's not even doing that this week! And Nevan! ARGH! Lord love him! No form of discipline gets in that thick skull! But I'm feeling like a really bad mother because Nevan bit Harrison--HARD! It broke skin thru Harrison's shirt! And I bit Nevan back. It was my first reaction and of course, all the websites offering advice say that's the worst thing you can do. I just keep hearing in my head my mom saying, "Bite him back. He'll stop. That's what I did to you." My kids are sooooo gonna need years of counseling to get over their childhood--at least that's how I'm feeling today. I just have no patience for them doing things they KNOW they aren't supposed to! And I don't know how I'm gonna fix that! I laugh when people tell me how good a job I'm doing as a mom--I'm thinking, "You don't see us at home!"

I guess I should pray some more for the patience I wish I had! Ya'll pray for me too!

No comments:

Slide